Sweet 16

Did a page that has been long overdue.. well.. no due date actually.. but the photos have sat in my closet for a month after I've crop them. They are my niece's 16th birthday pictures. She keep on complaining that she doesn't like those photos and said that they are so ugly (I hope she doesn't mean herself, 'cos she is lack of confident on her look), well.. to me, they are precious, 'cos you'll never get a 2nd sweet 16 again, so no matter how bad the photos have been taken, they are still part of the memory.
I've used lots of different flowers for this page, I thought to myself since I may not have lots of other chances to use those flowers that I bought from Prima, they are in black, grey and white. I've used flower from Heidi and mini flower brads from Making Memories. Love to use all those pretty flower and they are pretty easy to lighten up a plain page.
Another thought was that I'm thinking to submit this page for the "We love flower" challenge in srapbook.com. Will see if I can make another page that I like more.
I didn't poke any hole in this page too, I used zots to adhere all flowers which already got brads on.
Since the page colour is greyish, I tried something new, I used white gel pen to do the journalling, but it still doesn't pop up.. so I've to layer my writing. I've cut up some pattern paper and stick up as the line for my journalling. Got this idea from one of the challenge in scrapbook magazine.
Since I don't wanna poke any hole in the paper, so using flower embellishment is a good way to hide away the zot and it secure my ribbon even more.
So here it is.. happy belated birthday, Qin..
Photo shooting technique of this page is not so right 'cos the page tilted.. I miss the digicam

Comments

Popular Posts