1 sketch 2 layouts

Are you all watching the Royal Wedding? I've schedule this post and hopefully by then I'm in front of my TV and holding on to the remote.

I wanted to share about a sketch that I've used twice and yet the 2nd layout is not completely done yet, still left the journalling where I intend to do it using typewritter and in strip of paper.

The first layout was done using a really pretty pattern paper from My Mind's Eye - Fine and dandy, which is Scrapbook Daisies February mini kit #2.

Here is a picture of the layout:


I know.. it is so much simpler from the sketch, right? Because the paper is just too cute to be covered by other pattern paper and I've only used a misted doily behind the photo and some stickers from the die-cut sticker sheet in the kit.

Oh.. and I love the large Martha Stewart butterfly punch, just look at the result where I've punched two and layered them with some tiny round stickers on its body, love it!


I've also used Ali Edward stamp from Technique Tuesday since I don't want to do lots of other journaling, I just want the boys know that I love them and how much they love each other though they sometimes fight with each other. This stamp is just great for the layout.


Another layout that I did using the same sketch is this:

This is done using Basic Grey January page-of-the-month kit, the paper line is call Curio. I've done some fussy cutting on the strip pattern paper to get the lace, and lots of distress ink on the edges.

Have also punched out butterflies and misted it with Maya Road mist in Avocado metallic, love its shinny look. Those crochet doilies are from Sweet vintage and I've also put some ink on it.



I think I prefer the 2nd layout which has that distressed look. What do you think? Which one do you prefer?

Thanks for leaving blog love and I really appreciated you all.

Comments

Tomoko said…
Hi Hannie:o)
Both is very beautiful!! But, I think I like the first one more:o) I just love the soft colors and the photo just goes perfect with them!!!

Of course your second layout is beautiful too!! Love the butterfly!!!

xoxo
Tomoko
Hannie C said…
Thank you Tomoko.
Thanks for leaving a comment in my blog. I appreciate it.

Popular Posts